Here is a fun exercise you can do to really drive home how important it is to create your personal brand. Ask yourself the following 49 questions and really think about the answers. Try writing down the top 5 or 10 areas that you will commit to improve when you find weaknesses. Also, make sure to give yourself a pat on the back for the areas where you are doing well in too!
Let’s get to it.
49 Personal Branding Questions to Ask Yourself:
- What makes you indispensable?
- What ways do you provide value?
- How are you differentiated?
- Do you lead or follow the crowd?
- What does status quo mean to you?
- Why are you the best?
- Why should anybody listen to you?
- Do you like to try new things?
- When was the last time you read a book?
- How do you communicate your value?
- What are the trends shaping the new economy?
- How can you position yourself for these trends?
- What do you find when you Google yourself (ego search)?
- What are your goals? Stretch goals?
- What is your written plan to reach them?
- Have you taken action yet?
- What kind of company do you work for? Visionary or Dinosaur?
- Do you Google, Bing, or Yahoo?
- How many substantive virtual connections do you have?
- Are you networking with influencers?
- Do you follow at least 20 blogs in your field?
- Are you commenting on blogs a few times a week?
- When was the last time you wrote something someone disagreed with?
- What are the big ideas in your head? Do you have any?
- Do you have a fire in your belly?
- If not, how can you light a fire in your belly?
- Do you enjoy your job?
- Are you going through the motions?
- Can you name 5 social networks and how they work?
- What new things are you learning?
- Do you think?
- What is your personal brand?
- Are you monitoring the Web with alerts?
- How are you promoting your personal brand?
- Do you have a personal brand?
- Where do you want to be 1, 5, 10 ,etc years from today?
- When was the last time you failed?
- When was the last time you tried something new?
- When you don’t know the answer to something do you Google it?
- Do you believe in creating your circumstances?
- What successful people do you admire and model?
- What do you bring to the world that is truly yours?
- Do you rank first for your name in Google?
- Do you have a blog?
- Can you create a blog?
- Can you write an eBook on something you are knowledgeable about?
- Have you asked to be a guest author on a prominent blog?
- Have you been told no in the last month? If not you are not taking enough chances.
- How long until you take action?
Now it is your turn.
Let’s make this really fun and all post an answer to your favorite question in the comments. What do you say? Let it fly!
Chad Levitt is the author of the New Sales Economy blog, which focuses on how Sales 2.0 & Social Media can help you connect, create more opportunities and increase your business. Chad is also the featured Sales 2.0 blogger at SalesGravy.com, the number one web portal for sales pros, the professional athletes of the business world. Make sure to connect with him on Twitter @chadalevitt.