When you’re young, monograms seem nerdy. However, once you’re older and design gets involved, a monogram or personal logo can become critical in making your personal brand memorable.
Use this visual guide to create or improve your own personal logo.
10 ideas to inspire you
1. Is there some object or symbol associated with your profession that can be drawn with the letters in your name?
2. If there is an object or symbol related to your profession, how can you fit it into your name or initials?
3. Is one of your names a word or part of a word?
4. Can the letters in your (first and last) names overlap easily?
5. What about when written in cursive?
6. If not, try overlapping them anyway.
7. Or flip one letter backward and connect the letters or align their “backs”.
8. Do your initials look similar when mirrored or placed at different angles?
9. Can one initial fit inside the other?
10. When all else fails, just put your name in a cool font.
For more personal logo ideas, you’ll enjoy my 123 Beautiful Personal Logos, Monograms and Wordmarks For Your Inspiration.