What makes a company or brand great? It’s not just the products or services or social media influence that counts. The most important element in brand marketing is people – and, what better way to connect with your audience than with giving? Not only does this build loyalty, but also shows them how much you care.
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ― Kahlil Gibran
When your brand gives back to your community a new and deeper level of connection is created. There is a sense of fulfillment and happiness that is created, and generates a spirit of gratitude that can become viral. The process of sowing into others can begin with a simple ‘thank you,’ which helps your brand or business stand out from the rest.
There are several ways you can give back to your customers while attracting more leads. Here are a few steps to get started on today:
• Offer advice. This may sound simple, but people are always seeking new information to meet their needs. What does your brand have to offer for free that will benefit your audience?
• Post helpful quotes. Find a saying that is beneficial and helpful and build on it with your additional words of encouragement.
• Have an attitude of gratitude. What can you thank others for? Don’t forget to acknowledge team members in your own company as well as within your connection’s to build relationships.
• Look for solutions. Pay attention to what your audience is asking for and meet that need. This could be a list of tips or even a helpful video to answer their questions.
• Encourage connections. Communicate and share helpful information and posts from your audience. Introduce others and thank them for their input and interaction.
Giving back to your community is a great way to start building new connections right now at the beginning of 2014. Be consistent with these steps, and incorporate something into each day on your networks. Pay attention to how others respond when you start giving back, and create a lasting positive image for your brand.