This week kicks-off summer vacation season for so many. We see that here at the Personal Branding Blog with many of the authors taking a hiatus during the summer. Thankfully, we have many so willing to contribute their time and talent to share their insights in a weekly blog post.
This week we also focus on freedom. With the July 4th holiday upon us in the U.S., our thoughts are about the freedoms we enjoy that many have sacrificed so greatly for. Many are asking themselves “Am I making the most of the freedom that many fought to give me?”
A friend recently lost their battle to cancer. He was young and also a smoker and the cancer was just detected a few short months ago. Not all of us will have the benefit of knowing the time we will pass yet many will be riddled with questions all themed around “I never got to…..”.
What have you been “wanting to do”? Who is keeping you from doing it?
If it’s you, perhaps it’s time for you to take charge of your own freedom and live your life.
The most of important part of personal branding is extracting or uncovering what your unique brand is. What’s your vision, purpose, values and passion? After you discover that, my next question is what are you going to do about it?
It’s great knowledge to know it. But knowledge in and of itself is nothing. Knowledge is NOT power. Applied knowledge is power.
Are you taking action on your personal brand? Listen in for some best practices to uncover and express your brand.
These articles will also assist you as you exude and engage your personal brand:
- Interview Story Telling by Kevin Monahan
- How to Talk in Metrics that Matter to Recruiters by Nance Rosen
- Launch Your Own Website to Boost Your Brand by Heather Huhman
- The New THINK Before You Speak by Elinor Stutz
- Interview Answers Must Be Short. Know Why? by Alex Freund
- Beware the Outplacement Cookie Cutters! by Richard Kirby
- 10 Must-Have Tools for Tracking Brand Mentions by The Young Entrepreneur Council
- Know Who You’re Writing To and For by Maria Elena Duron
- Responding Well is an Art Form by Jeff Shuey
- Job Interview: How to Avoid Negativity about Your Employer by Sharmin Banu
- Five Lessons My Father Taught that Shape My Decisions! by Beth Kuhel
- Three Secrets to Writing Better by Erik Deckers
- Asking for AIR – Advice, Insights, Recommendations by Marc Miller
- 10 Ways to Get Your Co-Workers to Like You More by Ken Sundheim
This next week we’ll cover:
- Handling a social media crisis
- Boosting your personal brand with courtesy
- Four strategies on job search networking
- Six signs your ego has taken over your brand
- Determining if age discrimination is a part of your job search
- More from the Young Entrepreneur Council
We look forward to your comments!
Maria Elena Duron, is managing editor of the Personal Branding Blog, CEO (chief engagement officer) of buzz2bucks– a word of mouth marketing firm, and a professional speaker and trainer on developing social networks that work. She provides workshops, webinars, seminars and direct services that help create conversation, connection, credibility, community and commerce around your brand. Maria Duron is founder and moderator of #brandchat – a weekly Twitter chat focused on every aspect of branding that is recognized by Mashable as one the 15 Essential Twitter Chats for Social Media Marketers.
Are you busy? Here’s some quick and easy tips on Social Marketing for busy people.