Next week is Small Business Week and as a small business owner I value other business owner’s experience and consider that even more valuable than money.
My question: In what ways are you using social media in your personal branding efforts? Is it different than what you do for your business?
I’m writing a blog post about this and will happily feature you and your story in my post.
This past week here are some articles that you might have missed:
- 15 Second Resume Test by Kevin Monahan
- Take Advantage of Your Conflicts by Henrieta Riesco
- How to Tell a Better Story by Nance Rosen
- 5 Reasons Gen Y’ers Are Leaders in Branding by Heather Huhman
- Why The Generation Gap is Great for Your Career by Lindsey Pollak
- 7 Interview Mistakes That Scare Away Top Talent by Glassdoor.com
- Great Tolls Put Your Best Image Forth by Maria Elena Duron
- Top 10 Tips for New Grads by Jeff Shuey
- Personal Branding Across Cultures Blogathon by Peter Sterlacci
- Starting Your Own Business? Keep it Simple for Success! by Beth Kuhel
- Overcoming Writer’s Block by Erik Deckers
- 10 Interviewing Tips to Get You the Job by Ken Sundheim
This week we welcome Marc Miller to the author team. Marc is founder of Career Pivot. Marc authored the book Repurpose Your Career: A Practical Guide for Baby Boomers, published in January 2013, which has been featured on Forbes.com, US News and World Report, CBS Money-Watch and PBS’ Next Avenue.
Here’s what we have to look forward to this next week:
- Why You need a Recruiter to Feel You
- Using Humor Safely During Your Next Talk
- Personal Brand and the Baby Boomer Generation
- 5 Ways to Refresh Your Brand this Summer
- Why Your Job Search Needs a Target Employer
- Presentations that Reflect Positively on Your Personal Brand
Also, stay tuned for a post that I’ll write about Facebook Advertising and Your Personal Brand. You can see the prelude to this by catching the recap of our recent #brandchat about brands and Facebook.
Maria Elena Duron, is managing editor of the Personal Branding Blog, CEO (chief engagement officer) of buzz2bucks– a word of mouth marketing firm, and a professional speaker and trainer on developing social networks that work. She provides workshops, webinars, seminars and direct services that help create conversation, connection, credibility, community and commerce around your brand. Maria Duron is founder and moderator of #brandchat - a weekly Twitter chat focused on every aspect of branding that is recognized by Mashable as one the 15 Essential Twitter Chats for Social Media Marketers.
Are you busy? Here’s some quick and easy tips on Social Marketing for busy people.