Across the U.S., graduations have been happening here in the U.S. From college and university graduation ceremonies to high school commencements, the Class of 2013 is taking the next step in their life journey.
Some already have their next chapter queued up already while some are still searching. Living part time in Las Vegas and Midland, Texas, I’ve seen such a full range of opportunities and employment rates. Vegas is still in recovery from the recession still burdened by a high unemployment rate while Midland touts the lowest unemployment in the nation.
I often wish we could ship groups of people here to Midland to cover the positions that are available in our area. Drive for just a few minutes in Midland and you see signs like “Pizza Hut paying $25/hour plus gas for drivers”; signs paying $15/hour for bussers; and “Help Wanted” signs all over the city, the newspaper and even the radio station.
If you are the Class of 2013, have you mapped out what you want to do next? Do you know the value that you deliver? Have you focused on your own VPs (vision, purpose, values and passions)?
Last week’s posts can help you in that journey:
- Why is Clutter Better than a Clean Desk? by Henrieta Riesco
- Will the Real You Please Stand Up? by Kevin Monahan
- Love and Your Personal Brand by Nance Rosen
- How to Further Your Brand with Conference Calls by John Bracken
- 5 Ways Veterans Can Build Their Brand by Heather Huhman
- How to Easily Build Business by Elinor Stutz
- Creating Thought Leadership for Personal Branding Success by Roger Parker
- How to Be a Successful Manager – Removing Obstacles by Aaron McDaniel
- Why Recruiters Ignore You (And What to Do Differently) by Richard Kirby
- If You are Surprised by Mornings… by Jeff Shuey
- You’re Not One of Those Networkers are You? by Maria Elena Duron
- Start Off Your New Job on the Right Foot! by Beth Kuhel
- Shark Tank: Boon or Bust for CEO Branding? by the Young Entrepreneur Council
- The Correlation Between Good Looks and Your Career by Ken Sundheim
- How to Take a Stand Against Workplace Bullying by Glassdoor.com
This week – Eric will share tips and techniques for overcoming writer’s block; Henrieta will cover getting rid of those golden handcuffs; Heather will share why Gen Yer’s are winning at personal branding; Elinor details how to make the move from free to fee based business; and Beth will even delve into starting your own business.
Listen in to this week’s podcast about determining “your” VPs.
Maria Elena Duron, is managing editor of the Personal Branding Blog, CEO (chief engagement officer) of buzz2bucks– a word of mouth marketing firm, and a professional speaker and trainer on developing social networks that work. She provides workshops, webinars, seminars and direct services that help create conversation, connection, credibility, community and commerce around your brand. Maria Duron is founder and moderator of #brandchat – a weekly Twitter chat focused on every aspect of branding that is recognized by Mashable as one the 15 Essential Twitter Chats for Social Media Marketers.
Are you busy? Here’s some quick and easy tips on Social Marketing for busy people.