If you’re on social media, are you on AllTop?
You should be. AllTop has pages that are dedicated to member feeds on social media such as Twitter, FriendFeed, Squidoo, Etsy and Utterz with more to come. Use the AllTop submission form to send in all your profile urls.
If you blog, is your blog on AllTop?
It should be, so submit it right away. Tell Neenz, AllTop’s Chief Evangelist, that Jacob Share sent you. She’s amazing and often responds within the day.
Quick tip: where relevant, submit your blog in multiple topics so that it will appear on more AllTop pages. For example, as an Israel-based blog about job search, JobMob appears on the Career and Israel AllTop pages.
Create your own page of feeds with My AllTop
The cute official video explains it well:
How does all of this help brand you?
- Brand yourself by choosing which social streams to ‘expose’ on the corresponding AllTop pages that I mentioned above.
- Brand your blog by carefully choosing on which AllTop pages your blog’s feed should appear.
- Assuming that your blog and social streams ares already doing a good job at branding you, AllTop will help by giving those RSS feeds more exposure.
- Having your feed(s) appear on the My AllTop pages of industry peers reinforces your brand in that industry. At launch, My AllTop has buttons making it easy to share your page via Facebook and Twitter.
- Having your feed(s) appear on the My AllTop pages of other people is social proof of how interesting you are. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s eventually a badge you can use to indicate how many of these subscribers you have.
- The feeds appearing on your own My AllTop page show what’s important to you and/or what you think is important for others (if you drive traffic to that page).
- Your My AllTop page is another positive link for you that can appear in search engine results.
- While My AllTop is new, having your My AllTop link displayed on your public social profiles will create curiousity and brand you as someone who’s trying new things or has a nose for up and coming trends.
- As long as the buzz stays good about AllTop in general, displaying your My AllTop link publicly will let people associate some of that goodness with you.
- As your brand gets stronger and stronger, hopefully you will be hand-picked for the My AllTop home page or even the My AllTop Starter Kit of suggested feeds for people just creating their My AllTop page.
Are you using AllTop already? How have you been using it for personal branding?