- Me 2.0: Build a Powerful Brand to Achieve Career Success by Dan Schawbel. Publisher of this blog and Student Branding blog, Schawbel breaks down personal branding into four distinct steps: discover, create, communicate, and maintain in this book about achieving success in your job and career.
- Career Distinction: Stand Out by Building Your Brand by William Arruda. From the inside flap: “Career Distinction outlines the proven personal branding process and provides case studies of successful professionals that will help you not only survive, but thrive, in today’s dynamic and ultracompetitive workplace.”
- Be Your Own Brand: A Breakthrough Formula for Standing Out from the Crowd by David McNally & Karl D. Speak. These authors provide a blueprint for personal branding and emphasize the importance of relationships for success in your professional life.
- The Brand You 50: Transform Yourself from an ‘Employee’ into a Brand That Shouts Distinction, Commitment and Passion! by Tom Peters. In this personal branding classic, Peters provides 50 no-nonsense tactics to transform yourself from ‘employee’ to brand.
- U R a Brand! How Smart People Brand Themselves for Business Success by Catherine Kaputa. Reviewers praise Kaputa’s book for providing sound advice on establishing and marketing your personal brand in a competitive marketplace.
- The Brand Called You: Create a Personal Brand That Wins Attention and Grows Your Business by Peter Montoya & Tim Vandehey. From the back cover: “Packed with a treasure trove of things to do tomorrow, next week, and next month, this book will help you to build and maintain a Personal Brand. It also includes exciting new profiles of personal brands that pop, and teaches you how to craft an emotionally resonant branding message, create top-quality branding tools, and attract a consistent flow of business.”
- The Brand YU Life: Re-thinking who you are through personal brand management by Hajj E. Flemings. Reviewed as “insightful” and “thought-provoking,” many people enjoy this quick read in order to get a handle on their personal branding strategy.
- Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time by Keith Ferrazzi. In this book, Ferrazzi stresses the importance of building relationships with influential people to further your success in your career. Packed with personal stories and advice, this book can certainly help you build stronger relationships to further your brand and your business.
- Self Marketing Power: Branding Yourself As a Business of One by Jeff Beals. In Self Marketing Power, Beals provides examples and real stories about building a brand, establishing name recognition, using networking to produce results and developing your expertise.
- Managing Brand You: 7 Steps to Creating Your Most Successful Self by Jerry S. Wilson & Ira Blumenthal. As the title mentions, Wilson and Blumenthal provide seven steps for personal branding and make the reader focus on what makes them unique.
- The 10Ks of Personal Branding: Create a Better You by Kaplan Mobray. In this book, Mobray reveals the ten must-know insights to building your personal brand along with simple instructions and tips to help you along your way.
- Personal Branding for Job Search Successby Joshua Waldman. In today’s job market, Waldman emphasizes the importance of having a personal brand to make you stand out in the job market and impress employers.
What other books would you add to this list?
Heather R. Huhman is a career expert and founder & president of Come Recommended, a career and workplace education and consulting firm specializing in young professionals. She is also the author of #ENTRYLEVELtweet: Taking Your Career from Classroom to Cubicle (2010), national entry-level careers columnist for Examiner.com and blogs about career advice at HeatherHuhman.com.