Today, I’m excited to announce the second edition of Me 2.0: 4 Steps to Building Your Future. Since I always tell people that they need to stay relevant in their industry, I figured I would update and improve my current book so it remains current and continues to support your career and business. Although many pages were altered, added and removed, the core message will always remain the same: you need to market yourself online if you want to have a successful career.
More and more, it’s becoming obvious to people that they need an online presence if they want to complete in the global talent pool that is the internet. Once you have an online presence, which could be composed of a website, blog, social network profiles, media mentions, and written articles, you have to manage it for the rest of your career.
Technology is changing rapidly, and you have to be equipped with the latest information to navigate the online world successfully.
- New case studies, from people of all generations, on how they’ve used social media to become well-known brands.
- A new chapter entitled “Personal Branding for Job Seekers” on how to use the top social networks, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, for job searching, with real success stories.
- Additional information on how to turn your passion into a business through the personal branding process.
- More tools you can use to network professionally and grow your presence, including Google Buzz, mobile branding, and location-based social networking.
- New research, examples, and resources that will support your online brand campaign.
Current buzz around the book
The 2nd edition of Me 2.0 has already received a lot of media mentions, including a three part interview I did with Fast Company (part 1, part 2, part 3). I was also interviewed by The Wall Street Journal for an article that went out this past Sunday. Yesterday, I spoke to Forbes about the new edition. I’ll also be speaking at Harvard Business School and other venues across the country to promote the book.
“If you’re not sure whether you have a personal brand, or if you’d like to make your personal brand more powerful, pick up a copy of Me 2.0, Revised.” – Small Business Trends
“…carefully provides a clear, step by step roadmap of the mechanics of creating your own brand and the risks to avoid.” – The Huffington Post
The internet is the glue that connects us all and the platform that supports our careers. By reading Me 2.0: 4 Steps to Building Your Future, you will be many steps ahead of your peers, and be able to compete in the global marketplace. You will understand why you need a personal brand, how to create one, and then how to manage one, with examples, research, advice, and more. Whether you have the first edition or not, this book is well worth the list price, and can pay dividends for years to come.