You’ve written a great blog post for your brand and now would like to get the word out to a large audience. With so much information being published online, you might be puzzled as to what the most effective strategies are to promote it. There are some key things you can do to ensure your content gets noticed and shared.
Standing out from the rest
Social media is first and foremost a great place to start publishing your content, especially when your blog has the right sharing icons in place on your blog. Additionally, services like Hootsuite and Buffer, along with email marketing platforms such as Aweber, MailChimp or Infusionsoft will help you along in this process.
While posting to social media networks like Facebook and Twitter is a given, you will also want to add Google Plus to your mix. This growing network not only shows up in Google’s search results, but also expands your reach. Don’t forget about LinkedIn as well.
In addition to tapping into the social sphere, there are several other ways to make sure your blog posts attract the most readers for your personal brand:
• Post to news aggregated sites. One thing that has not changed in today’s online world is the use and popularity of places like Reddit, Digg, Delicious and Quora. Your content is viewed by thousands of visitors each day who can vote on and spread the word for your articles.
• Consider blog commenting. It is a good idea to become a valuable reader to other blogs in your niche. The key is to offer comments that engage conversation and avoid selling any products or services. This in turn attracts more readers to your blog.
• Use Slideshare to make presentations. A great way to repurpose an article for your brand is to create a simple slide or presentation just like you would in Microsoft PowerPoint, but instead this can be done in an online service called, Slideshare. The beauty of this software is that it makes your content easy to share, and can direct visitors to your blog. It is one of the lesser known ‘gems’ of personal branding.
• Circulate old content. Do you have a blog post that has done well in the past? Instead of creating more content to share in a day, consider repurposing what you already have for your brand from time to time.
• Become a guest blogger. Contact the blogs in our niche that already have a high number of readers and offer your expertise as a guest blogger. This is a perfect way to create visibility for your brand on other websites and further establish you as an expert.