Volume 1 Issue 4 ends the first full volume of Personal Branding Magazine. As personal branding becomes the differentiator for career development, many new channels have opened up and the internet is a recruiting stomping ground for all those who leverage it’s power. Between hiring candidates by viewing video resumes, employer brand websites, and even job aggregators, the times have changed and we must be ready.
Human resources is rapidly evolving by branding their companies as the employer of choice and there is a sudden war for talent, despite an economic recession in the United States. In this issue, we interview all the thought leaders who are entering the online recruiting and branding space, as well as take a closer look as to how networking plays a role in bridging recruiters with interested applicants. Only the strongest employers and candidates will survive.
By reading this issue, you will have the knowledge needed in order to confront the recruitment process and be victorious.
What do you get in the free sample?
- Cover Story: Job Hunting in a Brand YOU World, An exclusive interview with Robert McGovern, Founder of JobFox.com and Careerbuilder.com
- 2 Articles: Job search tips and using technology to recruit
- Interviews with:
- Joel Cheesman, Blogger, Cheezhead.com
- Chris Russell, Founder, Jobs in Pods
- Ben Yoskovitz, Founder, Standout Jobs
- Paul Forster, CEO & Co-Founder, Indeed
- Phillip Merrick, Co-Founder and Chairman, VisualCV
- Jim Ambras, CEO and Founder, Notchup.com
- Sam Blum, Founder and CEO, Razume LLC
- Alex Rudloff, CEO and Co-Founder, Emurse.com
- Sanjay Sathe, Founder, RiseSmart
A very special thank you to our 9 sponsors:
Out of all 4 issues that have been produced, this issue is by far the most valuable to you. I say this because of the amount of pain that has been endured in the recruitment process today. First off, there were 80,000 job cuts in March alone and as the population grows and more people attend higher education, it will be increasingly more competitive to get the job you want. On the reverse side, human resources is in a war for talent now and they need to fill certain positions. They are set to establish a strong employer brand to position themselves as extraordinary to the likes of passive candidates. Recruiters need to understand how technology has opened up new channels to tap into great talent. This issue has everything you need you be successful in today’s world.
Please send me feedback or support the magazine by promoting it. Let me know if you have questions.