Many will greet you today saying “Happy Memorial Day”. There will be barbecues, fun in the sun, beach time and some great picnics planned. Memorial Day is a time to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Take a few minutes away from your fun in the sun to remember the brave men and women who gave their lives in service to America.
Perhaps your personal freedom given from the brave who protect and serve is to be in business for yourself. Ken shared some great tips on setting up your own virtual office.
Here are the great posts from this week:
- How Can You Benefit from Multitasking? by Henrieta Riesco
- Questions Your Mentor Should Ask You by Nance Rosen
- How to Build Your Personal Brand Like Gatsby by Heather Huhman
- Profile of a Successful Salesperson by Elinor Stutz
- Putting the You in Business Dealings by Chamber of Commerce
- Harnessing the Power of Personal Brands in Your Business by Maria Elena Duron
- The Internet Black Hole by Richard Kirby
- You Cannot Keep Up a Facade for Three Years by Jeff Shuey
- A ‘Diary’ Culture and Blogging by Peter Sterlacci
- GetGlue and GoodReads Don’t Promote Your Brand by Erik Deckers
- Avoid Moving Home After You Graduate With NO JOB! by Beth Kuhel
- Working from Home – A Guide to Virtual Employment by Ken Sundheim
- How Do You Identify Speaking Gigs That Boost Your Brand by the The Young Entrepreneur Council
This next week we in timely fashion explore how veterans can build their brands; we delve into how to start of your new job on the right foot; the Young Entrepreneur’s Council raises questions about the popular television show, The Shark Tank; Henrieta shares how to take advantage of a conflict; how successful managers can remove obstacles and how to easily build a business.
In fact, brand amplification versus sales tactics was conversation that we discussed quite extensively with Sam Fiorella, Partner at Sensei Marketing.
Look forward to your comments and feedback this week!
Maria Elena Duron, is managing editor of the Personal Branding Blog, CEO (chief engagement officer) of buzz2bucks– a word of mouth marketing firm, and a professional speaker and trainer on developing social networks that work. She provides workshops, webinars, seminars and direct services that help create conversation, connection, credibility, community and commerce around your brand. Maria Duron is founder and moderator of #brandchat – a weekly Twitter chat focused on every aspect of branding that is recognized by Mashable as one the 15 Essential Twitter Chats for Social Media Marketers.