In marketing, one of the first qualitative assessment mechanisms you learn is the S.W.O.T. analysis. I used to think that I would never need to do something so basic in my career, but recently began assessing brands through S.W.O.T. related analysis much more frequently. Anyone who cares about their personal brand should perform this type of assessment on a regular basis to keep track of how they’re tracking against goals. I like to say that your review at work should never be a surprise. Read through these questions to ask yourself during your S.W.O.T. and put some thought to your brand DNA.
Your brand DNA
- What are your areas for improvement?
- What new skills could help you improve?
- Where have you been unsuccessful?
- Where do you see yourself going?
- What opportunities are available to you?
- What is the value exchange of improvement?
- What competition do you have?
- What weaknesses are posed by your threats?
- What’s holding you back?