In fact, chances are you’re wondering if that’s all everyone’s writing about this time of year.
And, you’re right. It is.
My hope is that over the next 52 weeks that I’ll share some solid tips that will work to help you achieve success in networking no matter what year it is.
These tips will help you no matter how fast or how slow you want to pace yourself in learning and implementing successful networking practices.
Tip Number One
Look behind to get ahead (tweet this!)
Some will say to leave the past behind you.
I say that lessons learned from your past mistakes will provide shortcuts to your success.
What a waste it would be if we didn’t learn from our mistakes, harvest value from them and use that experiential knowledge to avoid future mistakes or capitalize on them.
Some of the most valuable lessons you can garner in answering these questions:
- What did you fully implement that became a part of the core of your brand in 2014?
- What did you let go of in 2014? (habit, events, opportunities and people)
- What foundational changes happened to you in 2014?
- What did you uncover or discover about yourself last year?
- What did you most appreciate last year?
- What held you back last year?
- What times/moments did you let fear ‘run the show’?
- What surprised you about last year?
- What were some of your shining moments from last year?
- What were some of your greatest accomplishment and proudest moments from last year?
- Who supported you last year and was your greatest advocate?
- What did you learn about yourself last year?
- When did you push the envelope of your comfort level?
- When did you have to show extra kindness and patience last year?
- What did you learn about you and your brand last year?
If you would like to share your “aha” moments or answers with me here, please comment below. Or you’re also welcome to join me on my Facebook page.