Today’s post is written by Gareth Parkin.
Personalized Promotional Gifts For the Holiday Season
Whether you are out there looking for work or you are a small business owner trying to grow your business, it’s time you thought about using promotional gifts to promote your brand. Large companies have been doing this for years. Go look in your own drawers and cupboards. There are probably several promotional gifts there and you probably like them. The good news: this year it’s time to get excited about Christmas!
On the DCCM personal branding process, promotional gifts play a part on both the #3 (Communicate) and #4, (Maintain) items. This is fabulous because in all likelihood you already have a message. Now it’s time to take what you’ve created and get in some free personal marketing via your Christmas gift list. And if you do it right, your clients, friends and family are really going to enjoy these gifts. And the total cost is going to be much less than you typically might spend during the holidays on generic standard mailing pieces. According to Yahoo.com, the average American will spend about $900 on Christmas gifts. Put that money towards your brand, your message and your future.
GoPromotional, one of the leading promotional gifts suppliers in the US and UK, has compiled a list of their top ten promotional gift items as voted by their customers and large corporate clients. Proven promotional gifts are useful high quality gifts with staying power. You simply add your message, logo and contact info, and you are giving a gift that is both unique and important to your personal branding effort.
Top 10 Promotional Gifts as Voted by GoPromotional Clients
- Atlantic Mugs. The Atlantic mug with “C” shaped handle comes in at #1 due to its long lasting lifespan and usefulness. Perfect for the holidays, these personalized mugs can be filled with candy, pens, pencils, golf tees and whatever else you can think of to make a great holiday gift.
- Nash Ball Point Pens. These pens are ergonomically designed with a soft rubber grip. They come in a variety of colors and additional imprint colors are available.
- 18 oz Pacific Water Bottle. Both “green” and “go” this item has two top promotional characteristics that make it an excellent promotional gift. Made from food safe Titanium, your message will also be nearly indestructible!
- Seattle Briefcase. Sturdy and useful you can imprint or embroider these bags to make them your own. As a higher quality gift item these professional bags are ideal for small business owners who want to present a professional appearance.
- 100% Cotton T-shirts. A time-honored bestseller, t-shirts make great personal branding promotional gifts. These are super gifts for everyone from clients to your best friend. Get creative and raise money for your favorite school, team or charity by giving them the t-shirts to sell (while taking a smaller secondary promotional spot).
- Atlanta Leather Look Portfolios. These portfolios are the perfect size for anyone on the go. The portfolio includes a 30-page notepad and pockets for identification and papers. The exterior can be custom printed or debossed with your logo or message.
- Top Hit Sports Packs. Extremely economical and built to last these water resistant sports packs are beautifully printed using ColorBrite color processing producing a finish that is really eye-catching.
- Discovery Travel Mugs. Manufactured in the USA and built to last, these tall double insulated plastic mugs are spill resistant and BPA free. Designed to fit is most drink holders this is a useful gift that will last and last.
- 4” X 5” Note Pads with 50 Sheets. Note pads are the underappreciated workhorses of the writing world. Every note that goes out can have your name and message on it at an outstanding price point!
- Leather Look Padfolio with Sticky Note Pads and Flags. Super convenient for purses, glove boxes and briefcases this little item says, “multi-task!” and is a super value.
From the above list you can see that the top selling promotional gifts have some things in common. These include:
- The gift is useful.
- The item “travels” for optimum exposure.
- Green is in.
- The more indestructible the better.
- High quality products at low price points due to volume.
You might be thinking- well I can’t give all my friends, clients and relatives the same gift! On the other hand, why not? They might really like and use your holiday gifts this year!
Gareth Parkin is the Managing Director at GoPromotional an international online marketing group that specializes in promotional business gifts and corporate merchandising. GoPromotional’s team has more than 30 years worth of experience in corporate gifts, branding and international marketing and offers an enormous selection of quality promotional items at exceptional prices including: promotional mugs and cups, promotional keyrings, conference bags, promotional Green shopping bags, corporate promotional clothing and much more. At GoPromotional, “We turn your marketing visions into reality!”