Having an active blog for your personal brand is an important marketing tool which can attract more visitors and provide more opportunity for sales of your product or services. Did you know that the style of content is just as essential to reach your target market and elevate your online reputation?
There are several types of blog posts that you can use depending on the needs of your audience, and your niche. Knowing this will enable you to know more of what to write about, and not leave a gaping hole in your content marketing strategy.
Here are 5 blog types to consider:
1. The human approach. Personal interest and success stories are popular online, especially when this includes an accolade for an influencer in your industry. This not only creates more of an awareness for your personal brand, but also encourages growth in your network. If your company has employees, feature them as well or include an individual achievement that people can relate to.
2. Draw attention with graphics and videos. Written content does go a long way in marketing, but your personal brand might consider adding infographics, how-to images, personal photos, and informative and fun videos to the mix. Infographics especially are well received and often encourage sharing. This type of content can be created with easy to use online tools with ideas generated right from your existing text articles.
3. News and announcements – There is generally an excitement surrounding news, events, and announcement for brands. People love reading about the latest happenings, which keeps your brand image fresh in the minds of your readers. Search engines also love these types of blog posts, which most always appear in their top search results. Additionally it is a good idea to sign up for news alerts then write about any new developments in your industry in order to build more authority.
4. Instructional articles and videos – Consider planning and developing a series of how-to articles and/or videos with announcements to build an expectation for your audience. These can later be developed and expanded into an ebook or teaching series that can be sold to your followers as premium content. These types of blog posts are well received by readers, especially as it answers their questions and meets their needs.
5. Include fun images and stories – Holidays are a great time to loosen up a bit and include your audience in fun trivia, personal images and stories, or tips. Entertainment is a great way to show a lighter side of your brand, and create conversations on your blog.
Publishing a combination of blog styles throughout the month will keep your personal brand’s website fresh, growing and active. You will find that your community is commenting more on your posts, and sharing the content on social media, which is good news for visibility and you.