Having an account, or a presence, LinkedIn is just the beginning to building a strong personal brand on this social network. Engaging in places like the many groups and posting on a Company Page are also good practices. But there is also another powerful tool to use, and that is publishing a blog on LinkedIn.
Having your own LinkedIn Blog is a great way to create a personal narrative and identity to grow your community.
LinkedIn blogs are also a powerful branding building tool that is often overlooked. Now’s the time to act. Not only can you show your expertise, but also create a high level of influence.
At this point, you may be thinking, “How does LinkedIn allow users to post their own content”?
The process is simple once your brand applies to the Publishing Platform and LinkedIn says, “Yes!”
How to make the most out of LinkedIn Blogs
Here are several ways you can use LinkedIn Blogs to effectively build your personal brand.
• Become an expert in your niche – Think ahead of the game and post content that you want to establish for your mission and the future. Know who your target audience is and appeal to their needs.
• Show your best – LinkedIn provides a great way to see the highlights of a personal brand. Why not focus on the strengths of your company and take advantage of this highly visible network? Your content can reflect new ideas, services and projects that stand out from the rest.
• Write about your next event – Is your brand giving a special presentation? Or perhaps it is hosting an event? Consider writing an article about this, and include the highlights of what will be covered.
• Create a topic series – While many personal brands have their own websites with blogs that include a series of posts, include these as well on LinkedIn. Conducting an interview or study is a great way to draw visitors into your content.
• Post content on other social networks – When publishing on LinkedIn you can cross-post your articles on other social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus. This is a good way to increase exposure as well as encourage engagement on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is a place you do not want to miss out when it comes to publishing for our personal brand. It is a win-win situation where you can not only attract more visitors to your website, but grow your social influence in multiple networks.