For many small business owners, it’s time to get back to business.
The summertime can be overwhelming. Juggling kid’s, activities and family reunions/vacations and still be accessible to clients, can take its toll on even the most driven entrepreneurs.
Let’s get back to business!
- Write down what your value proposition is and the problem people avoid by working with you.
- What are you doing to grow your list of people that you’re connected with?
- What conferences, workshops, or gatherings do you want to attend?
- Where do you want to be a year from now?
- What skills do you need and what do you need to learn to get there?
Remember, it’s not just “what” you know. It’s also who you know.
- Who do you need to reach out to before the year ends who would be a great mentor for you?
- Who can help you get where you need to go?
- What networking events (online and offline) do you need to attend to be able to meet with or connect with them.
To get focused and back in your business mindset – focus on your personal brand and why people do business with you.
Bump up your commitment and look at the steps that are needed to make the earning of those goals before the end of 2014, inevitable.
And, make time to spend time with people who have experience and expertise in what it is you want to learn.
Let’s finish 2014 strong! Here’s our posts from this week that will help you do that.
- Reliability Trumps Skill and Talent for Workplace Success by Skip Weisman
- Why You Need to Marry Marketing to Technology by Amanda Healy
- Wow Prospects and Influencers: 3 Social Media Daily Tasks by Crystal Washington
- 5 Damaging Career Moves to Avoid by Glassdoor.com
- How to be a Great Manager by Ceren Cubukcu
- Multiple Choice Leads to Improved Solutions by Elinor Stutz
- It’s Counterintuitive for Job Seekers by Alex Freund
- Fed Chair Yellen’s Job Market Remarks: A Recruiter’s Perspective by Skip Freeman
- How to Upgrade Your Resume, Part 3 by Richard Kirby
- Give Up The Bloody Fight of Doing it Yourself by Maria Elena Duron
- What We Can Learn from The LLWS by Jeff Shuey
- 5 Top LinkedIn Features for Personal Brands by Susan Gilbert
- Networking Success is About Giving, Not Taking by Leslie Truex
- Turn a Scanty Resume into a Winning Marketing Brochure by Beth Kuhel
- Do You Have a Plan B for Your Career? by Marc Miller
- 5 Steps for Becoming an Indispensable Leader by Ken Sundheim