Upskilling is for everyone. Whether you want to expand your skillset or change your career completely, you need to continue improving yourself and keep your skills up-to-date. Thanks to the internet, nowadays anyone can gain knowledge on any subject they wish. There are many great educational platforms for this. Below you can find 5 of them.
- Udemy: Udemy offers both free and paid courses. It has a wide variety of courses in different topics including software development, business, marketing, photography, music, fitness and etc. Each course has series of videos prepared by industry experts and once you purchase a video, it gives you lifetime access meaning that you can learn the course at your own pace and revisit the classes whenever you want.
- Coursera: Coursera has partnered up with several universities all around the world and it offers online courses which lead to a certification, if completed successfully. There are also 4 Master’s Degree programs currently available online. These degree programs are paid because they are accredited. However, there are many free courses available that you can take online from the world’s best professors.
- Khan Academy: Khan Academy is a non-profit organization and the courses it offers are completely free. It is a great learning platform especially for students and focuses on more traditional subjects like math, science, arts and humanity. The best part about Khan Academy is that there is no set time limit on courses. Therefore, you can complete a course anytime you want.
- Lynda.com: Lynda is a platform by LinkedIn and it offers 6.278 courses in business, technology and creative skills. It has a free trial option for 30 days. After the free trial, it has different subscription plans. The great part about Lynda is that it includes learning paths, a selection of videos that are designed to boost your skills or get ahead in your career. For example; if you want to become a project manager or a front-end developer, then you can take courses in these paths.
- Udacity: Udacity focuses more on technology courses. It offers both free and paid courses. If you want to be a data scientist or a mobile app developer, then Udacity is your go-to platform. You get classes from industry experts such as employees of Google, Facebook, Amazon, SalesForce, etc. These tracks are paid but if you want a serious career change, then it definitely worth a try.