It can be difficult to eat healthy when you are stressed out or bored. However, do you know that what you eat during the day affects not only your weight but also your productivity? Snacks with high fat or high sugar such as chips or candies will make you sleepy and don’t give you enough energy. Therefore, when you start to crave some food around 3-3:30pm, think twice before going to the vending machine. There are plenty of healthy snacks and juices which will satisfy your hunger plus give you the energy you need to increase your productivity. Below you can find some of them.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is probably one of the best office snacks. It includes protein, calcium and vitamin B. You can dress it up according to your taste adding berries or nuts. Also, it is very easy to keep the yogurt in your office fridge. Just make sure to write your name on it so someone else doesn’t grab it before you do!
- Banana: Banana is great for keeping your stomach full for a few hours. It includes the right amount of glucose which your brain needs in addition to manganese, vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, potassium, biotin, and copper. Keep a banana on your desk every day and grab it when you feel hungry.
- Almonds: Almonds are another great example of healthy office snacks. Almonds include vitamin E, calcium, potassium and magnesium, as well as a significant amount of protein and fiber. They can give you the brain power you need right away and also reduce the risk of some diseases such as cancer and heart disease. However, don’t eat the whole package in one afternoon. The right amount is a handful of almonds.
- Fresh/Dried Fruit Salad: A mix of berries, apple and pineapple can be a great afternoon snack. Fruits have their own natural sweetness and are packed with minerals and vitamins. They can also increase your performance at work by strengthening your immune system. By the way, dried fruits are perfect for an afternoon snack as well. They are high in fiber and potassium.
- Hummus with Vegetables: Hummus with carrots and cucumbers is a very healthy, refreshing snack full of protein, calcium and iron. It can keep you full until you get home. It can also be part of your lunch with a pita bread.