Every morning I throw down a Bootstrapping Buzz Challenge on my Facebook page to remind people of what they already know and deliver it as one solid step for them to take that day that will create personal brand buzz for them in the most effective way and spending the least (to no) amount of money.
In fact, last week here’s what I challenged:
Friday’s Bootstrapping Buzz Challenge
Create a list of people you want to connect with – on purpose. Every once and a while you’ll stumble across someone amazing yet it’s loads easier to find who you’re looking for if you know who they are in the first place.
Creating buzz happens when you have a plan, execute on it and adjust along the way.
Thursday’s Bootstrapping Buzz Challenge
Today’s Bootstrapping Buzz Challenge >>
Instead of approaching networking with the goal of gaining favors, try reaching out with curiosity. Today contact someone you find interesting and relevant. Find out more about them, their interests and how you can help them — and don’t expect anything in return.
Wednesday’s Bootstrapping Buzz Challenge
You don’t need to know most people, just the right people. Look through your contact list and choose TWO people who:
1. Have or are current customers, refer business to you or speak highly of you.
2. Make sure you have all of their updated contact information
Update all their contact info, search them out and connect with them on a social network that you use often.
Creating buzz means actively working with fans and helping them become advocates. And, you need to be in and know how to contact them in order to do that.
Tuesday’s Bootstrapping Buzz Challenge
Brand yourself. Today sign up for Brandyourself.com and follow the steps (for free) to boost how you’re found on line and to begin to manage your online reputation.
To create buzz you need to take an active role in what is found about you online.
If you go for the paid version, you can get a 25% discount by using this coupon code. And, no – I don’t sell this. And, no – I do not make a commission. It’s true bootstrapping buzz gem! ENJOY!
Monday’s Bootstrapping Buzz Challenge
You never get a second chance at “now”. Your child will never be this age again. The best way to tell your parents you love them – is to tell them now. We tend to get so caught up in the quality of our excuses. No excuses today – spend the time now.
To create buzz you need to be grounded in what matters most. The implosion that happens when you’re not is definitely a ‘buzz kill’.
Here’s this week’s posts:
- The Best Way to Leverage Your Personal Brand by Skip Weisman
- LinkedIn Skill Endorsements by Kevin Monahan
- Will Your Personal Brand Mature in 30 Years? by Nance Rosen
- Negotiate a Win-Win Solution in the Workplace by Ceren Cubukcu
- What Type of Personal Brand are You? by Heather Huhman
- Building a Meaningful Legacy by Elinor Stutz
- Time Management Tips for Personal Branding Success by Roger Parker
- WEBCAST: The Promote Yourself Book Launch with Dan Schawbel by Dan Schawbel
- Podcast: 9 Reasons for Your Personal Branding Strategy by The Young Entrepreneur Council
- Job Hopping: A Smart Career Strategy! by Richard Kirby
- Using Google+ Hashtags for Your Personal Brand by Maria Elena Duron
- Give Your Job Search A Boost & Avoid Blame by Glassdoor.com
- Accountability Matters by Jeff Shuey
- The Power of Rehearsing by Kate Southam
- Too Many Emails? Some Real Causes and Solutions by Sharmin Banu
- Business Lessons Learned from Distance Cyclists by Beth Kuhel
- Make Your Resume Stand Out Using Marketing Strategies by Leslie Truex
- Promiscuous LinkedIn Connections and Your Personal Brand by Marc Miller
- Branding by Association by Kevin Monahan
Next week, we’ll highlight:
- If your personal brand is tasty?
- Do you tell people when you’re using them as a reference for a job opportunity?
- Networking and business contacts
- Reading and personal branding success.
As always, please share our thoughts and comments. Thanks for spending time with us!
Maria Elena Duron, is managing editor of the Personal Branding Blog, CEO (chief engagement officer) of buzz2bucks– a word of mouth marketing firm, and a professional speaker and trainer on developing social networks that work. She provides workshops, webinars, seminars and direct services that help create conversation, connection, credibility, community and commerce around your brand. Maria Duron is founder and moderator of #brandchat – a weekly Twitter chat focused on every aspect of branding that is recognized by Mashable as one the 15 Essential Twitter Chats for Social Media Marketers.
Are you busy? Here’s some quick and easy tips on Social Marketing for busy people.