- Invite people that are already in your online circle who may be going or be from the area to meet AFK (away from the keyboard).
- Look to see who the speakers, authors, presenters are and make a “hit list” of who you would like to meet and develop a relationship with further. These people can be great allies, along with cutting edge information since they are keeping a finger on the pulse of your industry.
- Look for the conference organizing staff’s names and other industry leaders and make it a point to be in those sessions, lunches, meetings, break times with them to develop at first awareness of who you are and then listen intently as you learn and develop relationship.
I made this video for a specific online networking group, but the practice I outline in it can apply to any face-to-face event. Alignable Members Tutorial: An Easy Way to Make the Most of Your Alignable Membership
I dive deeper into 3 Practices that will Elevate You as a Leader in Intelligent Connections this week on MariaConnects!
Our contributing authors also cover several helpful tactics, strategies and case studies this week:
- A Career Reality Check by Debra Benton
- What Successful People Read that You Don’t by Nance Rosen
- Reasons Why You Didn’t Get the Job by Ceren Cubukcu
- It Is the Résumé that is Holding You Back by Alex Freund
- The Trilingual Advantage: How Dr. Cesar Yepes Sets Himself Apart in Medicine Through Language by Christian Roberts
- Entrepreneur Sanjay Govil on Agile Business Leadership by Bill Connolly
- Sales and Marketing Strategy for a Flourishing Business Model by Elinor Stutz
- 5 Tips to Get Yourself Noticed as a Job Seeker by Glassdoor.com
- The “Lone Ranger Principle” for Career Advancement by Richard Kirby
- Using Disruptive Innovation to Impact your Career Path by Jeff Shuey
- Leaders Must Master Candid, One-on-One Communication by Skip Weisman
- Updates on LinkedIn to Build Your Personal Brand by Susan Gilbert
- Promote Now! 10 Tasks to Build Your Business Today by Leslie Truex
- Draining Out Your Bias by Eddy Ricci
- How To Job Hop Without Hurting Your Career by Glassdoor.com
- You Did Not Get the Job! Now What? by Marc Miller