This past weekend the Personal Branding Blog was down. If you tried to reach out, you only saw “Error in Establishing Database Connection”. That’s why you’re receiving the Personal Branding Weekly so late this week. We were not able to establish the connection until late in the evening of this past Monday into early in the morning on Tuesday.
Now, as I prep this post, Facebook has had a global outage – the biggest and the longest outage I’ve even seen.
Is this a coincidence? We shall see. Twitter – are you prepared?
It’s important to have a story. It gives people an insight into what you value and what others value about you.
Not sure how to craft one? I’ve put all the resources and an easy “how to” together for you here:
Here’s more helpful articles and valuable insights from last week:
- Personal Branding Lessons From Sgt. Bergdahl by Nance Rose
- 4 Thoughtful Ways to Recognize Your Mentor by Heather Huhman
- Ways to Fill Employment Gaps by Ceren Cubukcu
- Job Search: What Changed? by Alex Freund
- Defeating Procrastination for Achieving Excellent Results by Elinor Stutz
- 6 Unconventional Ways To Start Your Cover Letter by Glassdoor.com
- Are You Underutilized in Your Career? by Richard Kirby
- The Growth Game 3%: How Much Self Investment? by Eddy Ricci
- Three Things You Must Have Done By Half-Time by Maria Elena Duron
- Your Time Will Come by Jeff Shuey
- Questions Drive Focus, What is Your Primary Focus Question? by Skip Weisman
- Recruit on Google+ for Your Brand by Susan Gilbert
- What Disney Can Teach Entrepreneurs by Leslie Truex
- Could a Great Corporate Culture Be Bad for Employees? by Beth Kuhel
- Key Tips for Recruiting Visionary Leaders by Ken Sundheim
- Inertia and Persistence as it Relates to Your Career by Marc Miller
- Remembering Names is Part of Your Personal Branding by Debra Benton
- How to Build Your Brand by Giving it Away by Crystal Washington