People work to earn money and make a living. That is the reality. If you don’t earn money, you cannot fulfill your basic needs such as shelter, food and clothing. However, how much you make or how fancy your title is should not be measures for qualifying your success in your career. What really matters in the end is enjoying your daily life and having a fulfilling career. You should feel prosperous if your job provides you the below opportunities.
- Your Achievements Are Recognized: When you accomplish your goals or achieve something, your coworkers take the time to appreciate you. You receive an email or a personal thank you note for your accomplishments or a small gift like a gift card or tickets to a sports game. Also, your employer recognizes this success in your annual review and makes a pay raise accordingly or promote you to the next level. If your employer can do these, then what else do you want?
- You Have Flexibility: Work flexibility is very important for many professionals. Since the evolution of technology, most of us can work from anywhere with an internet connection. If you have a job which lets you work remotely or work in flexible hours, you can balance your life better and run errands easier.
- Control Your Own Career: Your employer gives you the responsibility to control your own career growth. That is golden. If you start paying more attention to what is going on around you in order to find and work on projects that is aligned with your career goals, you can grow faster. Moreover, asking questions to your seniors and learning as many skills as you can are very important. When you feel that you are learning something new every day, you will be happier.
- Your Employer Invests in You: Everybody wants to grow professionally and advance their skills. If you are working in a company which provides you training programs or incentives for continuing higher education, you should feel fortunate. Also, if you are facing with new challenges and your company trusts you to solve these challenges, then, this shows that you are really being valued.
- You Like Coming to the Office: Most importantly you like where you work, what you do, your coworkers around you and that is why you come to the office with a smile every day. Earning money through doing what you like keeps you alive and excites you in life.