ISO 9001 is an internationally recognized certification which ensures quality of products and services of a company. Being ISO-9001 certified has lots of benefits to corporations. Some of these benefits include but not limited to;
- Increased Credibility and Recognition: ISO 9001 certification is issued by International Organization for Standard and is accepted worldwide. Therefore, having ISO 9001 certification increases the value of your company against your competitors as well as increases your status among your clients.
- Increased Revenues: Since your company is ISO 9001 certified, it means your quality has been testified. Therefore, you can use this as an advertising point and price your products accordingly. Having more quality products will also help you gain more customers.
- Improved Consistency: ISO 9001 helps you increase the control of your business processes and the more you control your business, the more your consistency increases. Increased consistency means your customers are getting the same service or same products every time they are making business with you.
- Increased Customer Satisfaction: Customers will know that your products and services will always have quality and that, they will work. They will know what to expect from you. Therefore, you will get less complaints and more satisfied customers.
- Empowered Employees: ISO 9001certification requires the training and development of your staff being maintained. Also, it provides the necessary tools for them to do their jobs such as procedures, instructions and metrics. As a result, your employees will be more knowledgeable of what they are doing and since they will keep getting trained, their careers will improve.
As you can see, there are many benefits of being ISO 9001 certified. However, getting the certification is not easy and there are some costs associated with it.
Costs of Getting ISO 9001 Certification:
There are two kinds of costs related to ISO 9001 certification. One of them is the costs for the certification itself and the other one is the costs for getting ready for it.
- You Need to Contact a Registrar: You need to apply to a registrar and pay the application fee. Afterwards, an auditor will come to your organization to audit your company and there are fees for the auditor. Finally, there is the registration fee for the certification.
- Train Your Employees and Document Your Processes: You need to document all of your processes and train your employees accordingly. These will bring extra costs to your company.
- Consultant: Many companies hire a consultant to get outside help to manage the certification process.